The currently available topics for theses are listed as follows. Please contact directly the person in charge as mentioned in the announcements:
In German or English
- Bayesian model selection for environmental problems
- Sensitivity analysis for river models
- How certain are energy planning models?
- Uncertainty quantification for river models
- How can we make energy storage planning models faster
- Automated river calibration
- How important is the modeling of efficiency curves for energy storage planning?
- Model selection for soil-vegetation-atmosphere models
In English only
- Gamma ray attenuation: statistical optimization
- Global sensitivity analysis on hydro models
- Predicting customers' choice behavior for railway tickets
- Shallow subsurface heat transport under transient boundary conditions for technological applications
- How Does Weather and Land Surface Influence Shallow Subsurface Soil Temperature?
- Bayesian model evidence computation trick for large data sets